Get ready for a lot of fun and frolic as the annual Ramona Country Fair is back! Every July this four-day fair is held at the Ramona Outdoor Community Center and is enjoyed and loved by all.
With lots of exciting rides, fun carnival games and interesting vendors, this country fair is the perfect place for having fun with your family and friends. To make the festival more exciting, there will also be beer and wine gardens, yummy food, entertainment and much more. Following is the schedule of this year’s festival:
- Thursday: 5 PM to 10 PM
- Friday: 5 PM to 11 PM
- Saturday: 11 AM to 11 PM
- Sunday: 11 AM to 10 PM
The entry to the festival is free but you will need to pay for rides, food and the vendors. You can get Discount Ride Wristbands from Chamber Office, Albertson’s, or Country Wine and Spirits on 67 for $12 for Thursday or Friday and $15 for Saturday or Sunday. For more information, visit http://www.ramonachamber.com/visit-ramona/ramona-fair#!ramona-country-fair/c1k6g.
Date: July 31 – August 3
If you are a fan of Oz, your adventure is just about to begin! Frank Baum, the creator of Oz, came to Coronado with his wife, Maud, for half of each year since 1904 to escape the harsh winters of the Midwest. He got so inspired by the sun and beauty of Coronado, that he created this amazing magical story, which is still loved by all across continents!
Trail the Yellow Brick Road to Coronado this August and get to relive Oz through some amazing live theatre, musical concerts and cabaret, superb exhibitions, lectures, films, walking tours and the day-long ‘Celebrate OZ’ community festival. Following is the schedule of events:
- Wizard of Oz Musical Theater Camp: July 21 – August 1
- Oz Alive! Summer Intensives in Dance, Film, and Live TV Production: July 21 – August 5
- Welcome to Oz Camp: July 28 – August 1
- OZ Con International – Opening Reception: August 1
- Journey Through OZ – a Musical Cabaret: August 1-2
- Oz Mania comes to Coronado’s Historic Downtown: August 1-10
- CELEBRATE OZ! – There’s No Place Like Home!: August 2
- Oz ALIVE!: August 2
- Writers’ Readings – “Another Side of the Oz Story”: August 3
- Wizard of Oz Walking Tours: August 3-10
- Wizard of Oz Puppet Show: August 6
- Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Edition Movie Screening: August 7
So, whether you fell in love with the movie or the book, the music or the characters, you will surely find something that will interest you in this festival. Although, most of the events are free, some are ticketed separately. For more information, contact Doug St. Denis at email@example.com or visit http://www.ozconinternational.com/coronado-events.html
Date: July 28 – August 7